Part-Time Office Manager Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles
Pay: $15/hour and 3-4 days/week
WHO WE ARE
crucial to its core principles:
CCCLA has three pillars
The Chinese Chamber of Los Angeles is a California 501(c)(6) tax-exempt, non-profit
organization that has been leading and serving the business community since 1955.
The Chinese Chamber promotes the interests of our member companies by
encouraging trade, business growth and new opportunities.
Business Connections - We serve as a connection point for the Chinese business community, and promote multicultural networking opportunities and resources for our individual and corporate members through Monthly Membership Only organized events.
Community Empowerment - We provide a platform for established leaders and pioneers in the Chinese American community to mentor, sponsor and give back to rising younger members of the next generation.
Cultural Legacy - We promote cultural awareness of the Chinese heritage and history, so that these rich traditions are passed down to future generations. We organize two major events annually, the Miss Chinatown Competition and the Golden Dragon Parade.
Preside over all manner of office related tasks: handle copy services, word processing, mail and distribution services, office reception and email, meeting bookings, office equipment needs, rent and utility payments
We are looking for a Part Time Office Manager who is passionate about working with
the community, obsessive over office efficiency and a great communicator. Join our
non-profit and help bring fresh new ideas to the table to get our office, planning and
administration to the next level as we roll out brand new initiatives. We want to hear
from you if you fit the criteria below:
Basic Book Keeping
- Prepare entries for payments, disbursements and receipts to keep an accounting record and prepare mid-year and annual statement of income
- Help Director of Finance prepare budget estimates, sponsorship goals and ticket sales to major events. Track receipts of incoming revenues and follow-up with sponsors.
- Help manage Eventbrite and Evite reservations, to send reminders to attendees and follow-up on RSVPs and post-event outreach
- Help with on-site event management logistics as needed including attending Chamber hosted events and community engagements as a representative of the Chinese Chamber
Membership Database Maintenance
- Maintain, organize and update membership database
- Communicate with members for membership renewals, new membership
inquiries and payment of dues
Website and Social Media Updates
- Build strong social media presence as a new project for Chamber by providing content to Twitter, Facebook, Wechat and Instagram accounts
- Help upload photos, update postings from recent events and drive traffic to Chamber website and social media accounts.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply. Can be part-time student but must be able to commit up to 25 hours per week during busy periods
- At least 2 years administration experience
- Motivated self-starter, strong communicator and problem-solver
- Positive attitude and quick learner
- Savvy Social Media user, including knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Wechat,
Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Publisher and Acrobat editing
Bilingual English and Chinese (written and spoken fluency)
Knowledge of basic website design program Squarespace is a plus
Please put on the last line, qualified candidates should email: email@example.com